Kinesic mouse and on-screen keyboard

KinesicMouse forum
Ikonos

Kinesic mouse and on-screen keyboard

Post by Ikonos »

I am running Windows 8.1 and have been using kinesic mouse version 1 and have watched very much all your tutorial videos. However when I use kinesic mouse and try to use the on-screen keyboard it won't let me click anything on the keyboard using my selected gesture for my click and instead have to use my verbal control to click on the keyboard. Once I click on the keyboard I lose control of my mouse using kinesic mouse, where the mouse will stay where it was pointed when I gave the verbal command to click. Is there some setting I failed to account for either in the program or on the keyboard?
Xcessity
Site Admin

Re: Kinesic mouse and on-screen keyboard

Post by Xcessity »

Hi Ikonos,

sadly Windows 8 has some very restrictive rules when coming to the on-screen keyboard. Older KinesicMouse versions 1.x and 2.x where not digitally signed and therefore the app is not considered to be save by the Windows OS.

You can try to start the KinesicMouse with administrator privileges. This may fix your problems. You can do that by right-clicking the KM shortcut on your desktop or in the Start menu. Choose "Run as administrator" from the right-click menu. Now you can try clicking in the Win8 on-screen keyboard.

Let me know if that worked,
Best,

Markus