Shooter - IRIS aim?

WheelyWorld

Shooter - IRIS aim?

Post by WheelyWorld »

Hi,
is it possible to use IRIS for aiming in Shootern like COD MW2, Valorant, ...? I tried setting it up with FPS View and as Cursor movement with nearly every sensitivity but unfortunately I didn't get to bring it up on a "useful" level. I'm using Tobii Eye 5 on Windows 11.
Thanks for and ideas/help.
Xcessity
Site Admin

Re: Shooter - IRIS aim?

Post by Xcessity »

Hello WheelyWorld,

these shooters are very ambitious in terms of accuracy. I don't think you can get the aim precise enough to aim. I think IRIS FPS view can give you support in directing the camera in the right direction, but not for aiming. Maybe you can find something like a joystick, or the KinesicMouse to combine it with.

Best,
M
Keeptrucking

Post by Keeptrucking »

Single player games I find to be playable. I am currently playing the retro shooter CULT, and it was fine except for precise aiming at long distances, which would take some time to line up. So I can imagine that it's not good for a multiplayer environment where a headshot really matters and theres less room for error. But I'm very grateful to be able to play FPS games again.
Xcessity
Site Admin

Post by Xcessity »

Hi Keeptrucking,

multiplayer FPS shooters are very competitive. It is hard to get the performance of Mouse/KB controls with the IRIS FPS view. I think if you can combine it with the KinesicMouse (or other assistive input devices) you can get close to the average skilled players. Let me know if you need some help with the combination.

Best,
M