KinesicMouse LIVE question

KinesicMouse forum
Jan

KinesicMouse LIVE question

Post by Jan »

Hello,

I'm interested in buying KinesicMouse LIVE. But before that I want to ask some questions:

1.Old version with Kinect v2 had issues with some motherboards (usb 3.0 chipset). Does the Iphone version have or could have the same problem?

2.Is it possible to use KinesicMouse LIVE while lying in bed? Especialy when Iphone is higher then a head/face (f.e. lying flat).

3.Is there a discount for the older KinesicMouse version owners?

Best regards,
Jan.
tetedetoile

Re: KinesicMouse LIVE question

Post by tetedetoile »

Hello,

1. There's no need to plug the phone to the PC, unless you want to charge the battery. KM Live works via Wifi, so no drivers issue.

2. Imho, the iphone can work in any position, as long as the front camera sees your face. If you have already use the Kinect in this position, I don't see why that won't work.

3. For the discount, maybe you should ask Markus directly ;)

Regards,
Jan

Post by Jan »

Hello tetedetoile. Thank you for the answers.

Do you perhaps know is KM Live still supported, because I. even writed my questions through the website but didn't get any answers?

Oh, one more question: do you think that the KM live is worth buying?

Jan.
Xcessity
Site Admin

Post by Xcessity »

Hello Jan,

1. No, there will be no issues as the face tracking data is sent to your PC via Wifi or LAN connection. The face tracking and processing is completely done on the iPhone.

2. Usually this is possible, as long as the head is "exposed". If your head is lying in a very soft pillow you may get issues in the rotational signals. My advice would be to give it a try. Maybe you can get access to an iPhone X or newer. Just download the "Live Link Face" app and check if the tracking works in your bed position. The KinesicMouse Live works 14 days for free, without any restrictions. Let me know if you need more demo time.

3. Currently not, as the KM Live is available for a discount already.

KM Live is supported very well, as well as all of my Apps are up and running since 2013 ;)

Best,
M
Jan

Post by Jan »

Hello Markus,

Thanks for the answers.
I think that now I know everything what I needed to.

Merry christmas and best wishes,
Jan.