Toggle option not working

KinesicMouse forum
jeanmolla1

Toggle option not working

Post by jeanmolla1 »

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting toggle to work for the keyboard.

This only presses W 1 time per blink and doesn't keep pressing it when I blink

Can someone please help me
Xcessity
Site Admin

Re: Toggle option not working

Post by Xcessity »

Hello Jeanmolla,

I recreated your setup on the newest version of the KinesicMouse Live and I don't experience any issue with the toggle of the 'w' key.

There is one slight difference between pressing the key on a physical keyboard and a key press emulated by the KinesicMouse. The emulated keypress will not repeat typing the letter 'w' in an editor like e.g. MS Notepad. The state of the key is "pressed down" after performing the signal once and it will be released after performing the key a second time. So if you are controlling a video game, the key will be recognized as pressed down.

When you test your setup using just the text editor Notepad, you will notice the following behavior:
1. Perform the signal for the first time, the letter 'w' will appear.
2. No consecutive 'wwwwwwww' will appear.
3. When performing the signal for a second time, nothing will happen (actually releasing the button)
4. If you perform the trigger signal a third time, the second 'w' will appear.

If you want to see the state of your keys, you can use something like NohBoard. This will show which keys are held down. I also tested your config with this software and it displays the button as "pressed down" when performing the trigger signal for the first time.

NohBoard Download:
https://github.com/ThoNohT/NohBoard/releases

NohBoard Installation:
https://github.com/ThoNohT/NohBoard/wik ... g-started-

Let me know if you could solve your problem,
Best,
M
jeanmolla1

Post by jeanmolla1 »

Thank you so much, I have Muscular Dystrophy and I run a YouTube channel where I teach others how to modify games in order to play. I can't wait to teach others about this wonderful software. I thank you so much for all the work that you do.
Xcessity
Site Admin

Post by Xcessity »

Thank you for the kind words, this really means a lot to me that people can make use of my software. If you want to share your youtube channel, I can place a link on the KinesicMouse website. It is always an inspiration which setups you can come up with. It will also bring some traffic to your channel. So I really look forward to see your videos,
Best,

M
jeanmolla1

Post by jeanmolla1 »

That would be awesome, thank you so much! I will pm you when I have videos that use KinesicMouse, currently all my videos use other software and I don't think you want to advertise other programs haha. I should have one by the next week.