KinesicMouse LIVE FAQ

KinesicMouse forum
Xcessity
Site Admin

KinesicMouse LIVE FAQ

Post by Xcessity »

Hi,

after quite a while there is now a new version of the KinesicMouse available, it's called KinesicMouse LIVE. In this post I will try to answer some of the questions that already came up regarding this new release.

Is the new KinesicMouse LIVE compatible with my Kinect, RealSense, Orbbec 3D camera?
No, the KinesicMouse LIVE is solely working with an Apple iPhone or iPad device featuring face ID (full supported device list).

Do I need a new license for the KinesicMouse LIVE
Yes, the KinesicMouse LIVE is in essence a new product. This step was necessary to avoid any legal issues with the older versions of the KinesicMouse. I cannot provide license keys for the older versions any more. The new KinesicMouse LIVE license keys are not backwards compatible!

Can I get a discount for the KinesicMouse LIVE, when I already own a license key for the KinesicMouse
Yes, I don't have any details on the pricing or discount yet. Once the beta period is done, I'll share the details.

How long until the sale goes live?
The beta version has just seen the light of day. I really want to make sure, that all technical issues are solved, once the sale goes live. I guess beginning of May we'll have enough feedback to go live.

Of course you can support this process by trying the beta of the KinesicMouse LIVE and provide feedback about any issues you may encounter. There will also be a beta testing program. I will provide free license keys for all participants. Details will follow. Connect to my social media channels to be up to date.

Best,
M
Xcessity
Site Admin

Re: KinesicMouse LIVE Beta

Post by Xcessity »

My iOS sends a notification that the device is running hot, can this damage my device?
If you run the Live Link Face app in a warm environment you may get this notification. The result is usually that the frame rate is reduced to a level where the temperature level is sustainable. The face tracking usually works with 60fps and is reduced to 30fps when temperature is getting high. 30fps are still plenty to get good results.
iOS devices are protected by temperature sensors. It should not be possible to damage the device by running an app. Still, I am not an Apple representative and I am not responsible for the app or iOS device functions.

To counter this issue, I would recommend looking for an device stand/mount that is not enclosing the device for better ventilation.

Will there be an Android Version?
The technology that was used in the KinesicMouse version 2.x & 3.x was acquired by Apple. This advanced face tracking technology is now integrated into the Apple app SDK, which is not compatible with Android. So currently there are no plans for porting the KinesicMouse to Android. Maybe Android will have a even face tracking feature in the future.