I first had tried Iris and it works fantastically. Then I wanted to also try KinesicMouse however I have no iPhone. There were other posts asking for an android version.
So after searching the internet i found a few alternatives:
- Face Mocap.
Though my phone wasn't compatible. You will need arcore. Here is a list of compatible phones.
This one uses any webcam even an internal. Although you have to build it yourself with Python.
I tried it and its working. Maybe not as great as with FaceId but not bad.
I will give installation instruction for those not familar with programming.
- Download python https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.10.10/python-3.10.10-amd64.exe. Open it.
Make sure you check add python 3.10 to Path. Click customize install. Check pip. Then next. Check Add Python to enviroment variables. Then install
- Go to https://github.com/JimWest/MeFaMo .
- Click on the green button labeled code then download zip.
- Extract the folder then go to ...\Downloads\MeFaMo-main\. hold Shift then right click the only folder.
An option open with powershell appears. Click it. Write or copy&paste python setup.py install. Enter. Wait until it finishes.
- write python mefamo_cli.py --ip "your computers ip". Enter. The webcam should activate. Then the smiley in KinesicMouse turns green