KinesicMouse Live Signals

KinesicMouse forum
tetedetoile

KinesicMouse Live Signals

Post by tetedetoile »

Hello,

I've been testing KML for a week now, and it works pretty well.

However, I have some problems with the signals.
Head rotation signals won't work anymore since today ! It worked perfectly fine until now.

I've checked the Stream head rotation button on the Live Link Face App, it's on, but it seems disabled for KML.

I've deinstalled reset and renstalled both KML and Live Link Face, I've even reset Face ID, but nothing seems to make Head rotations and tilt signals work again.

Otherwise, other signals work fine. Except for the eyebrows, but that's another problem

Would you help me, please ?
Xcessity
Site Admin

Re: KinesicMouse Live Signals

Post by Xcessity »

Hello,

I just looked into this issue and it is related to the Live Link Face app. The new version 1.2.0 was released May 27th and in this version head rotation tracking is broken. There is already a discussion going on at the EPIC Forums:
https://forums.unrealengine.com/t/live- ... ing/568804

and on stackoverflow:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/724 ... not-workin

If you already updated to the new version there is not much besides waiting for a fix. Please do the following:
- Write an app review on the app store and comment that head rotation is broken in the new update.
- Write a reply to the Epic Forums thread so that it gains more traction.

In the meantime I will reach out to my contact at epic games. I expect this to be fixed soon.
Sorry for the inconvenience,
Should not happen,

Best,
M
tetedetoile

Post by tetedetoile »

Thanks Markus !

I've posted on the Epic forum.

Hope there willl be enough of us so they'll be aware of the problem.

Best,
Xcessity
Site Admin

Post by Xcessity »

Thank you, in the meantime I made the following reports:
1. using the official bug report form for UE5 (https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/support/report-a-bug)
2. got in touch with my contact at Epic Games
3. tweeted the issue to @UnrealEngine

If this issue persists I will consider implementing a different face tracking app. Although those are not free, it is good to have an alternative.

I still think that Epic will fix the issue soon, as they now have quite a few apps working with Live Link Face.

Best,
M
Xcessity
Site Admin

Post by Xcessity »

Hello,

as this issue persists, I added support for another face tracking app, that does the same job as the "Live Link Face" app.

The added tracking app is called "Facemotion3d" and can be downloaded on the app store: https://apps.apple.com/jm/app/facemotion3d/

This app is not free though, it basically offers 2 options:
  1. subscription for 2.49 EUR/Month to remove the streaming time limit
  2. buy for 15.99 EUR for permanent license
Make sure to first try the Facemotion3d app before making any purchase! You can stream the face tracking data for 10sec free of charge. After successful testing, I would go for (1.) to bridge the time while the Live Link Face app is broken.

Installation:
  1. Download and install the KinesicMouse Live 4.0.3
  2. Download and install the Facemotion3d app on your iOS device.
  3. In the Facemotion3d app go to Settings > Streaming settings and select: "Software Name: Other" at the top. Scroll down and set "PORT Number" to 11111.
  4. Exit the Facemotion3d settings screen.
  5. Tap the "Live" button in the upper left corner.
  6. Select "Other" and type in the IP address from the KinesicMouse main window "Network" drop down.
  7. Hit "Connect" and you should see a green smiley face!

In the meantime I will explore how to downgrade the Live Link Face app on an iOS device. There is a solution for that on the Unreal Engine forums.

Best,
M
tetedetoile

Post by tetedetoile »

Thanks a lot !

I'm going to test this app. Hopefully, the Live Link face app will be fixed soon.

Keep us posted if you find a way to downgrade it. If I got it right, the tricky part is to get an old.ipa file.
Xcessity
Site Admin

Post by Xcessity »

Hello,

the Update for the Live Link Face app is now online. Please download and install the update 1.2.1 which will fix the head rotation bug.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. At least we have a fallback app now in place, if that should ever happen again.

Best,
M