Tobii Eye Tracker 5

Harro

Tobii Eye Tracker 5

Post by Harro »

Is this supported and how accurate is this compared to the 4c.
domas1

Re: Tobii Eye Tracker 5

Post by domas1 »

Are you planning to update to Tobii Eye ... 5. I noticed a slowdown when I roll in makro and a lag when I blink my eye.
Xcessity
Site Admin

Post by Xcessity »

Hi,

project IRIS currently works with the tobii Eye Tracker 5.

I am also planning on reviving project IRIS too. I have now been granted access to the newest version of the SDK and will start on the new version soon.

Best,
M
Zathras

Post by Zathras »

Xcessity wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:35 pm I am also planning on reviving project IRIS too. I have now been granted access to the newest version of the SDK and will start on the new version soon.
Hi, is this still happening? I have many ideas for the new version if you're interested or if you need someone to beta test, let me know. I would be overjoyed to see development pick up again... thanks.
Xcessity
Site Admin

Post by Xcessity »

Hi,

yes I am currently working on IRIS. It will take some time, as I want to update the whole development environment to Qt6. Ideas are always welcome. Let me know what you have in mind.

Best,
M
RE-GAMER

Post by RE-GAMER »

I am interested in IRIS + T5. Now i use Windows Eye Control with a TobII 4, the problem is that the TobII 5 is not compatible with the inbuild Eyecontrol software of Windows and TobII Dynavox has no intention to make it compatible.

My T4 starts to show more and more little problems so i might need a new T5 because used T4 are seldom to get. My issue with IRIS are the limitation in it, like no scrolling, right click, double click and drag and drop. Is ther a plan to put tht into a new IRIS version? Sorry, i am new to this.
Last edited by RE-GAMER on Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xcessity
Site Admin

Post by Xcessity »

Hi Re-Gamer,

actually the upcoming version of IRIS won't have any more full mouse control features. It will solely focus on interactive zones that can be triggered by gaze. Sure IRIS can emulate mouse klicks, but it's not thought as a full mouse replacement. You can guess that this would not be in line with tobii's products.
For a mouse replacement you can use the KinesicMouse. It is a fully functional mouse, but it's based on head movements and facial expressions.
Sorry for not having better news,
Best,

M
RE-GAMER

Post by RE-GAMER »

I am sorry to hear that. But keep up the good work.

I am also using a Flipmouse, it is apuff/sip mouse from here: https://www.asterics-foundation.org/pro ... flipmouse/

I also use for gaming a puff/sip joystick: https://www.quadstick.com/
Here is video with me on YouTube gaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OW5Tu7N6dI&t=98s

So i allways look for more little and bigger helpers to enhance our gaming performance.
Zathras

Post by Zathras »

RE-GAMER wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:14 pm My issue with IRIS are the limitation in it, like no scrolling, right click, double click and drag and drop. Is ther a plan to put tht into a new IRIS version? Sorry, i am new to this.
You can do all that already with macros.
RE-GAMER

Post by RE-GAMER »

ok, thanks. I try it. I must get more into it.