Special offer! Up to 70% off for the KM

KinesicMouse forum
Xcessity
Site Admin

Special offer! Up to 70% off for the KM

Post by Xcessity »

Hi,

I am taking part in the NYU Connect Ability Challenge with the KinesicMouse. The organizers request feedback from actual users. My goal is to win this challenge and make the KinesicMouse more popular. To do this I need your support.

There are three things how you can help me:
  1. a picture of you with a sign that shows your support for the KM
  2. a filled out questionnaire that gives feedback about the KM
  3. a short video of you using the KM
So it would help me a lot if I get such material and in return I will offer some special deals for my software products. If you do not need anything from the offers please consider support anyways. It would help me big time and will actually help me create more awesome stuff in the future.

Deal 1
Requires
A picture of you with a sign that reads: "I support the KinesicMouse Connect Ability Challenge". I already made a sign that you can just print and take a picture with.

Offer
You get a project IRIS for free.

Deal 2
Requires
Provide the questionnaire + a picture of you with a sign that reads: "I support the KinesicMouse Connect Ability Challenge". I already made a sign that you can just print and take a picture with.

Offer
You get a 149 EUR (~40%) discount on the KM and can get it for a total of 200 EUR and you get a project IRIS for free.

Deal 3
Requires
Same as in Deal 2 and additionally a user feedback video.

Offer
You get a major discount of 249 EUR (~70%) on the KM so that you can buy it for just 100 EUR and you get a project IRIS for free.

Deadline
The deadline for the challenge is June 24th. Since I need some time to edit an integrate the material the time limit for this offer is Sunday, June 21st, 24:00 CEST.

Required Materials
Sign
Here is a premade sign that you can just print out: connect_ability_challenge_sign.pdf

Just place the sign on you and take a picture (at least 1280x720 resolution). The picture should give an impression of your situation. So make sure that at least your upper body is visible. Send it to: info@xcessity.at

Questionnaier
The original questionnaire:
http://challenges.s3.amazonaws.com/conn ... nnaire.pdf

NOTE: since the original questionnaire is buggy (no line wrapping in boxes) you can use this word document instead: connect_ability_challenge_user_feedback.docx

Fill out this questionnaire digitally, leave the "planned changes" empty. Print it, sign it and send a scan (or good quality photo) to: info@xcessity.at

Video
For the video it is best to keep it simple. You can ask someone with a decent smartphone (> 720p video resolution) to help you on that. Just take 3 shots:
  1. You using your computer (camera looks at upper body and your face) (~10seconds)
  2. You using your computer with the KM (camera from behind, looking at you and your screen) (~10 seconds)
  3. A shot where you just say 2-3 short sentences "Hi, my name is XXX. I use the KM for ... . The KM helps me to ... ."
You do not need to do any editing, just upload it to youtube as is. I will do the editing and also put captions below the video. So do not be afraid if your voice is not perfect, people will be able to read along. So again, nothing fancy, just something to get some sort of quick impression.

In the end of my preliminary challenge video cut you can actually see an example shot of Smirmantas.

Privacy Notes
The personal data given in the questionnaire will not be made public and ONLY be used for the the NYU AT&T connect ability challenge 2015.
The pictures and videos may be used for purposes outside of the challenge (on the xcessity website and social media channels).
If you do not agree these terms please note that in your submission and state how your materials can be used.
seanthequad

Re: Special offer! Up to 70% off for the KM

Post by seanthequad »

Hello Markus

Been a while but feeling better and will be trying to help in the challenge

Cheers Sean
Xcessity
Site Admin

Post by Xcessity »

Hi Sean,

thank you very much, this means a lot to me.
seanthequad

Post by seanthequad »

In the questionnaire (Q4) the question is Category into which solution will be submitted

What needs to go here?
Xcessity
Site Admin

Post by Xcessity »

The category I am going to submit (Q4) is called "Mobility Solutions". You can leave Q7 empty, I will fill that out once I get your feedback.
Mancasters

Post by Mancasters »

Hello,

I discovered Mouse Kinesic there just a week and I was immediately captivated by the principle! I reached myopathy and I finally hope to replay video games that I had to give up as a result of the evolution of my illness ...

I really want to support you, but I've just ordered one with Xbox Kinect PC adapter, I should receive in the course of next week, it will be too late for the promotion of -70%?
Concerning the questionnaire and the photo, I'll take my tomorrow so you can integrate!

Finally I want to thank you for your exemplary work that will improve the lives of many of us.

Sorry for my poor english, I am french !

Damien
Xcessity
Site Admin

Post by Xcessity »

Hi Mancasters,

welcome to the forums.

So on to your question. You cannot really answer the questionnaire without actually trying the KM. I may be an idiot, but I want to keep things honest and straight.

It is my fault to actually post these offers on such a short notice. It is not enough time to order the hardware and test the KM. I can offer you a 100 EUR discount on the KM instead of IRIS for just the photo. So just send me a picture of you holding the sign (PDF link in 1st post) and you will get 100 EUR off if you decide on purchasing the KM.

Au revoir,
Markus

PS: Your English is way better than my French and I actually learned that for 4 years.
Mancasters

Post by Mancasters »

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. You're not an idiot, I purpose the questionnaire because I have tested the KM with CapGame in Paris the last week-end, and I was immediately captivated, I ordered on Monday the kinect !

I send to you this afternoon the photo and the questionnaire, and I let to you the choice, if you want, or don't add the questionnaire in your materials ;)

I want to help you for recognition of the KM !
Merci :)
Xcessity
Site Admin

Post by Xcessity »

Hey,

Ok Mancesters, I did not know that you already tried the KM. So in that case just send me the questionnaire and photo. Every submission helps me big time. Thank you very much.
X-Calibar

Post by X-Calibar »

Nooooo! If only I had seen this sooner... I'm too late, aren't I?
Sorry :(

Hope you can win it though!