IRIS v2.0 collection of suggestions

Xcessity
Site Admin

IRIS v2.0 collection of suggestions

Post by Xcessity »

Hi,

just received extensive feedback from a user, I just post the suggestions here to have them in one place and visible to you guys:

Suggestions:
Stacking interactors: I understand that this might be inconvenient. So what we need here is to actually bind a set of actions to one interactor. I am intrigued by the concept and will consider that.

Multiple keys: currently this can only be achieved using macros. I am aware that they are a little tedious to create but quite powerful. Creating a GUI for editing macros is something that I wanted to do for a long time, yet have not found the resources for. I hope I will cover that one soon.

Hotkey for settings: can do that one.

EyeBlinks: maybe a button on the main window, to enable/disable this feature

Interactors not shown in full screen apps: I know that this is not optimal and of course would make a lot of sense. I have not yet found a reasonable solution to do otherwhise. I want to give http://overwolf.com/ a try.

Inputs not working in some games: yes also this one is known. Some games listen to real hardware inputs instead of the events they create. Some games do this intentionally to avoid cheating mechanisms. Again not easily solvable without programming a driver that emulates a physical mouse or keyboard.

Key to activate selected interactor: You can make interactors selectable by enabling the feature under Edit->Behavior->Key activation: "on". Once you set this checkmark on multiple interactors you can look at them to select them (blue color). If you hit the key to activate the selected interactor it will trigger the assigned action. Neat thing is that you do not actually have to look at the interactor to remain selected. So you can just trigger it while looking anywhere as long as it is selected.

Profile activation via hotkey: this one has been requested quite often. Already high ranked for next version.
Xcessity
Site Admin

Re: IRIS v2.0 collection of suggestions

Post by Xcessity »

+ Checkboxes that control the visibility of Interactors should have a heading!
Zathras

Post by Zathras »

If I may add a few more suggestions...

1. Global opacity and lock settings for all interactors. I like to get everything situated before setting the opacity and locking everything in place. So it's kind of a pain to go through and set that on each interactor. Maybe you could have those settings global but then have a checkbox for each interactor to override the global setting. Then people who require a different opacity level for each interactor will still have that option.

2. Option to change alignment of the labels on interactors... like left, right, top, bottom, or center.

3. This is a minor one but.. When you click the "add interactor" button, the edit window for that new interactor should open automatically. It would just be more convenient.

4. An option to pause/resume interactors on the main menu, where the 4 big buttons are.

5. Option to apply a command for when both eyes blink as opposed to just a left or right blink

Great program, keep up the awesome work..
Harro

Post by Harro »

1. a zoom function so the mouse view will be more accurate and usable for windows control.

2. A interactor that will freeze all interactors when activated. for example when looking down at your health in games the 'FPS view' will keep turning in that direction. If i could put a interactor over the health bar that will stop FPS view mode as long as it's activated. This way i can look at parts of the screen without turning the view around. (there are work around in combination with other interactors this would be better though)

3. Eyeblinks : A interactor that allows the eyeblink only to be detected when looking at the interactor. So we can look of screen without activating a "blink".
Xcessity
Site Admin

Post by Xcessity »

@Harro:
Good input, thank you.
Zockanatic

Post by Zockanatic »

1. What I miss is that I can't assign keys from the mouse. At the moment I'm playing Tomb Raider 2013 and you need the middle mouse button for the alternative weapon mode

2. If you have activated the hit activation key, the key shouldn't be displayed. Unfortunately if I press the zirkonflex key assigned to space for example, you get displayed the zirkonflex and the space key. In some games I think I become the devil himself because of this problem.

3. As you said, a GUI would be great, especially for the Macros and their power.

4. Zathras brought in the idea of the quick alignment of the Interactors. Therefore I have another idea that might work. What about having a kind of grid to display when you do the positioning of the Interactors? It also could snap to grid for easier positioning, perhaps it snaps every 10px or so.

That's it for me, I have to think about other ideas.
jaydude

Post by jaydude »

I recently had gotten IRIS and think it's amazing, I figured I would add my suggestions to this thread.

It would be nice for another activation function, where you look at said box and blink or press to activate without having to select the box, I just noticed with the current activation selection how it stays selected would accidentally press while blinking away from it.
Telperion

Post by Telperion »

Zoom function for refined clicks is perfect. I had the opportunity to use an older C-series Tobiii device at a hospital and their Windows Control is excellent. A lot of it could be incorporated into this software.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n38nQQOt8U

Check that video out. If you could create a cost-effective alternative to paying Tobii $2,000, you would have a huge market.
Harro

Post by Harro »

Hello,

Is it possible to at a option that will turn off Gaze when moving the regular mouse and when the regular mouse isn't moved for a few sec turn eyetracking back on ?

This way it's easy to use the regular mouse for the hard to reach place and will remove allot of strain from the mouse arm.

also i am loving the new FPS view options !!

Thanks !
phylaxer

Post by phylaxer »

+1 on the zoom feature. I would like to use it as a mouse replacement but this often requires good accuracy for clicking on small buttons. I'd probably even be willing to pay a little more for this feature. The PC eyego offers this and is much more expensive, but I heard it's less accurate than the eyex.