Facial analog inputs

JoyfulRogue

Facial analog inputs

Post by JoyfulRogue »

Today i got really excited about playing Rocket League despite my hand injury using my face. I quickly discovered it is impossible to do because no matter which facial expression my use, the most precise turn I can make in my arcadey car is about 60° so I can't hit the ball even if it is standing still.

I really wish I could fully utilize the potential KinesicMouse has for analog inputs. This game and many others would become playable with face only if I could turn my head slightly to turn the car slightly and turn much to turn the car much.

I know this is quite busy and native support for Xbox 360 controllers could be quite far down the line. That's why I'm asking here: can anyone figure out how to emulate the analog input using a third-party solution, perhaps like the one linked below?

http://www.x360ce.com/default.aspx

It's way over my head but there could be some people smarter than me who can figure it out without that much work. All I really need is one axis, the horizontal one to correspond to the rotations of my head

Any hints are appreciated!

EDIT: howwwlley shieet I made it work :D took me a while. Want videotutorial?
Xcessity
Site Admin

Re: Facial analog inputs

Post by Xcessity »

Would be great to see how it works. I am still busy in NY, I will be back in my office soon. Excited to see the setup!