here is how you install a new macro in IRIS. The samples you find around in this forum usually look something like this:
Code: Select all
<SOUNDEFFECT file="D:\resources\sounds\centered.wav" />
So to use this in an interactor follow these steps:
- Go to settings->Interactors
- Choose the interactor you want to trigger the macro with and click the "Edit" button
- In the "Edit Interactor" window choose the "Action" tab from the top
- From the drop down "Action type" choose "Macro"
- Click the "Edit" button at the bottom
- A text editor will open. Copy and paste the macro at the second last line of the file. The last line must remain and read: "</XY_MACROS>"
- Save the file and close the editor.
- Hit the "Reload" button in IRIS
- You can now choose the newly installed macro from the "Macro to execute" dropdown.
For completeness there is one option left that needs explanation. Some macros can be programmed to loop several times or even loop infinite times. So if you want that the macro is forced to stop once the interactor is deactivated make sure to check the "Stop macro on deactivation" checkmark. A macro that gets stopped will immediately move to the <END> section and end after executing this section.
It is usually a good idea to leave this checkmark checked. This avoids that you run into problems running the macro infinite by accident.