Strange behaviour when using the CTRL Key for example

TobiX

Strange behaviour when using the CTRL Key for example

Post by TobiX »

Hi,

i created an interactor and set the key to CTRL. Key activation is checked. When i look at it and press the activation key, it stays pressed and the next key i looked at was activated instantly even when set to key activation.

Is the idea to make it possible to press shortcuts like CTRL+C? It doesn't seem to work somehow. But how can i use the CTRL Key itself?

Tobias

(Win7)
Xcessity
Site Admin

Re: Strange behaviour when using the CTRL Key for example

Post by Xcessity »

Hey,

key activation works a little different. The concept here is that you select an Interactor with your eyes. Once the Interactor is selected (blue color) you can activate it by hitting the key that is assigned in the profile settings "Key to activate selected interactor". It actually does not matter if you are looking at the interactor or not. Once it is selected and you can activate it with the key.

The restriction is that only one interactor can be selected at a time. So from all the interactors that are set to "key activation" you can only select one at a time. The selection immediately changes if you look at another interactor with key activation. Therefore you cannot make for example two interactors in the same position and activate them at the same time.

In the next release I will make it possible to create shortcuts within the GUI and assign it in the key action window. For now I recommend using macros.

Best,
Markus
TobiX

Re: Strange behaviour when using the CTRL Key

Post by TobiX »

Then something is really strange. I do the following:

- I create interactors that have key activation
- I create an interactor and set the key to CTRL - (key activation on!)
- I look at the CTRL interactor and press the activation key
- The interactor turns green now
- When i look at a different interactor now, it turns green and presses its key (it ignores the fact that it is set to key activation)
- Any interactor i look at presses its key instantly
- It stops when i press the activation key while looking at a different interactor than the one with the CTRL key

I hope you understand what i mean now ;)

Regards

Tobias
Xcessity
Site Admin

Post by Xcessity »

Hey,

I just set up this scenario and I am still not quite sure what is wrong with this behaviour.

- I create interactors that have key activation (let's call them A, B, C)
- I create an interactor (A) and set the key to CTRL - (key activation on!)
- I look at the CTRL interactor and press the activation key
- The interactor turns green now
- When i look at a different interactor now, it turns green and presses its key (it ignores the fact that it is set to key activation) Is the activation key is still held down?
- Any interactor i look at presses its key instantly. The interactor gets selected and is immediatly activated when the activation key is pressed.
- It stops when i press the activation key while looking at a different interactor than the one with the CTRL key

Please send me your settings.xml including this setup to info[ÄT]xcessity.at. The file is found in C:\Users\###USERNAME###\AppData\Local\Xcessity Software Solutions\IRIS

Best,
Markus
TobiX

Post by TobiX »

Hi,

i just found the reason for this behaviour: It is because i use Scroll-Lock to activate the interactors. With a different key it works.

Regards

Tobias