Ideas: Profile file format | Edit more than one interactor | Other things

TobiX

Ideas: Profile file format | Edit more than one interactor | Other things

Post by TobiX »

Hi!
I am an new user of Iris and would like to share my ideas and experiences. Here i have some ideas:

1. I would like to have the possibility to exchange single profiles with other users. The problem is that all profiles are saved in one file (settings.xml somewhere in AppData ;) ). Why not save them in single files in a folder in Documents? If compatibility to old versions is a problem then maybe an import/export function for profiles?

2. The next thing is that i would like to change some settings for all interactors in a profile at the same time. It's because i created a profile with about 10 interactors. And then i found that i could be better to use the key activation and wanted to change the opacity too. I had to do it for each of the 10 interactors separately.
Maybe a function that copies all properties except name, function and position to all interactors?

3. I would like to have the possibility to use eye blinks to use the interactors.

Regards

Tobi
Xcessity
Site Admin

Re: Ideas: Profile file format | Edit more than one interactor | Other things

Post by Xcessity »

Hey TobiX,

thank you for your feedback. I am quite excited to see the setups you can come up with using IRIS. I love the idea that people can share profiles. I know that building these profiles is quite an effort. I have to make up my mind about a profile sharing technique. We need some kind of scaling mechanism in case another user has a screen with a different resolution. Currently all position and size coordinates are in pixels. I will do some testing with that.

2. This is a convenience feature. I can imagine that it would be nice to have something like this. Right now there are other things that just have more impact when realized. So we may see it in the far future but right now there are other priorities. If you really need to edit many of the settings you might want to take a look into the settings.xml file. When you open this file with a texteditor you can do a search and replace of the particular setting you want to change. The settings file is in C:\Users\[**USERNAME**]\AppData\Local\Xcessity Software Solutions\IRIS

3. I like this suggestion. Blink detection has just been added. So any ideas to get more inputs out of eye blinks are welcome. Currently you could bind the key that is used for triggering interactors, but I will make a setting in the interactors where you can choose a blink to activate a specific interactor.