FPS View mode

Asrock H170 Pro4

Re: FPS View mode

Post by Asrock H170 Pro4 »

Hello a newbie here,

I just downloaded your software and using with a new SteelSeries eyetracker. I have Iris loaded and running.
I have FPS set up just to look around. Under settings in Iris I have created an interactor named Look Around.
As I look around the screen, the mouse pointer acts like it's reacting very very quickly to my eyes looking around.
I have tried editing my interactor under action type FPS view to slow down the horizontal rotation speeds and rotation acceleration speed
to stop the mouse pointer from behaving erratically and moving around too quickly. If I load my game witcher the screen just spins.
How can I have my mouse pointer stop behaving so erratically to my eye gaze? Furthermore, what does the behavior tab items do? And what about key activation under the behavior time? I like what I'm seeing I just need to slow it down! Everything seems hypersensitive. Furthermore, does anyone know if Tobii hardware is any different than SteelSeries? I don't want to be stuck with legacy hardware…

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, Joseph
Xcessity
Site Admin

Post by Xcessity »

@Asrock H170 Pro4

if the speed settings are too fast on the minimum level you can try to bring down the speed by reducing the mouse pointer speed of your physical mouse. Make also sure that "Enhance pointer precision" is off.

The issue you are describing might be actually caused by "The Witcher". If I am not mistaken "The Wichter" is a 3rd person game. The camera mecanics are different than in a real first-person shooter game. IRIS translates your gaze point into a relative movement. If the camera does not turn at a relative movement towards your gaze point the FPS mode just wont work.

Hope this helps,
Best,
Markus
Harro

Post by Harro »

Hi,

Is it possible to turn on KEY activation for the FPS view interactor.
Then created a new interactor that will hold down the required KEY. This way you could in theory cover parts of the screen where you want your FPS view interactor to work. Hope i explained it clear enough.