Multiple monitors and off-screen interactors

Xcessity
Site Admin

Multiple monitors and off-screen interactors

Post by Xcessity »

I recently got two questions from wheelie19 on a different forum:
  1. How does IRIS handle multi monitor setups? I’m mainly interested in this for use outside of games. Or maybe placing interacters on the second monitor.
  2. How does this work in FPS games like Minecraft or Skyrim? I’d imagine the aim goes all over the place as you’re trying to look around… Maybe you could make a video?
A1:
The eyeX can only be attached to one monitor. It does not necessarily have to be your main monitor though. It does still track your eyes even if they are looking out of screen bounds. With IRIS you can place interactors anywhere, off-screen or on the display besides your monitor.

When placing an interactor on a secondary screen be aware that there is an offset introduced. This offset is caused by the frames of the screens. So if you had screens with no frames around them and perfectly side by side this offset would be 0. Best thing is to make the interactors bigger in size and you can perfectly activate them even on a secondary monitor.

A2:
I am currently working on a new type of interactor that is suited for navigation in FPS games. Currently this is in a very early stage and I will soon make a video about the results. So check back in this forum, I will soon post an update (next 1-2 days).