Feature idea: clicking through buttons

JoyfulRogue

Feature idea: clicking through buttons

Post by JoyfulRogue »

Unless I didn't notice something in the UI, there is currently no way for the mouse cursor to click on something that is behind a button I placed on the screen.

If I was capable of pushing through buttons then I would set up interfaces for games in which I look at an in game button to click it automatically. It would be way, way more convenient and work smoother than setting up delay click macros and leading the cursor on the right button.

In square-based and hex-based strategies I could even bind every hex to a interactive field of iris and have really cool sci-fi feeling controls.

Just a fantasy of mine :-)
Xcessity
Site Admin

Re: Feature idea: clicking through buttons

Post by Xcessity »

Hi,

this feature has been requested a few times now. This is one of the things that sound simple but are actually tricky to implement. The problem is that interactors are actually normal Windows windows that are set to be always on top. When you click on them the OS decides to pipe the click message to this window and not to the application running below.

It is certainly possible to do this, but as I said I need to investigate how. It would also require to make this optional otherwise it would not be possible to drag the interactors any more.

Best,
Markus
Xcessity
Site Admin

Re: Feature idea: clicking through buttons

Post by Xcessity »

Hi,

well there are times when simple things that look complicated are in fact simple ;)

After some research I found a quick solution. When you now activate the "Lock" in the Settings -> Interactors -> Edit -> Appearence tab the interactor will be actually click-through. When you deactivate the lock checkbox again you can drag & drop the Interactor again.

I am just uploading the new version, yet I did not assign a new version number. So if you download IRIS again the feature is there.