First use and calibration

Lorenzo

First use and calibration

Post by Lorenzo »

Greetings,

I'm new to Project Iris, and found it an interesting idea. I possess a Tobii Eyex device and I wish to use it for aiming in games.
After installing the software, I've tryed to use it, and more the mouse with my eyes. The movement is fast, but I cannot move the mouse exactly where I'm looking at. My guess is that it is related to a limit in the physical device, but I hope that it can be calibrated.

Even so, I've tryed to use it with a game from blizzard called OverWatch. BTW the results are terrible, since the camera in the came become crazy as soon as I start (with F4) Iris.

So, I wish to know few things:

- what should I do at the beginning to configure Iris in order to use it
- how I can calibrate the device to optimize results
- if I have to do any special configuration to use it with overwatch.

I still need to understand if this software is worth his price or not during the trial period. Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Lorenzo
Zathras

Re: First use and calibration

Post by Zathras »

Did you try FPS view? I think that's what you're looking for. Watch this video below...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl7wSAdyuW4
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Yes I have tryed to use FPS view. As soon as I activate it, the eyes tracking start, no matter how many time I press F4, I cannot stop it. The only way to stop it, is to close Iris.
Maybe last version have a problem with fps view? In my experience, it does not work as showed in the video.
Xcessity
Site Admin

Post by Xcessity »

F4 does activate the mouse movement per default. The FPS view is an interactor that moves the mouse, but is not afftected by turning on/off mouse movement. You need to look for the key assigned to pause/unpause the interactors and not the F4 key.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Thank you for the answer. Actually I'm unable to do it, because when I start iris, I loose control of my mouse and I cannot check the Iris configuration. What is the default?

What about the calibration? is it possible to adjust it?
Zathras

Post by Zathras »

You can disable eyeX temporarily before starting iris to check configurations. Click the eyeX tray icon and set it to off to disable it.

I don't think there's a default key, it's whatever you set up in profile settings. Also, make sure key activation is selected under Behavior for your FPS view interactor. If not, the assigned key won't work.

To check the device calibration,
1. click the eyeX tray icon
2. click the black area with the 2 white dots
3. click Test Your Calibration
4. if it seems off, click Re-Calibrate and follow the instructions
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

thank you for your answer. Yesterday I was finally able to make few working tests.

BTW the demo period is over, is it possible to have a temporary key to make few more tests? A week would be rasonable.
Xcessity
Site Admin

Post by Xcessity »

Hi,

if you want to request an extension of your demotime use the contact form on the IRIS Homepage. Make sure to include the DeviceID that is displayed when you try to start IRIS. You can actually mark, copy (Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) this ID.

Best,
Markus
rick

Post by rick »

Hello All, I purchased a Tobii 4C & I installed the trial IRIS, but I'm having issues much like Lorenzo. When running FPS mode, I cannot get the cursor to stay put if I stare at a point on my desktop, it drifts up or right & in game (starwars battlefront) it just makes my character spin in place, I tried adjusting the steadiness on the advanced tab but it did not help, has anyone had these issues & how to fix it? Does the paid IRIS have more settings? Thanks
Lorenzo wrote:Greetings,

I'm new to Project Iris, and found it an interesting idea. I possess a Tobii Eyex device and I wish to use it for aiming in games.
After installing the software, I've tryed to use it, and more the mouse with my eyes. The movement is fast, but I cannot move the mouse exactly where I'm looking at. My guess is that it is related to a limit in the physical device, but I hope that it can be calibrated.

Even so, I've tryed to use it with a game from blizzard called OverWatch. BTW the results are terrible, since the camera in the came become crazy as soon as I start (with F4) Iris.

So, I wish to know few things:

- what should I do at the beginning to configure Iris in order to use it
- how I can calibrate the device to optimize results
- if I have to do any special configuration to use it with overwatch.

I still need to understand if this software is worth his price or not during the trial period. Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Lorenzo