Key presses in Fallout 4

Zathras

Key presses in Fallout 4

Post by Zathras »

For some reason key press interactors are not working in Fallout 4. It seems like Iris isn't sending a long enough signal to register as a key press in the game. If I set the interactors to hold and look at them for a moment then it works.

The thing is, some keys perform a dual action.. for example tapping r reloads the weapon but holding r sheaths the weapon. So if my eye lingers a little to long, I'll perform the hold action instead of tap.. sheath instead of reload in the above example which can be a bit of a problem as you can imagine lol. Also if looking to long at a key with a single action it may perform said action twice like crouching and immediately uncrouching or enter & exit a menu.

I'm not sure why regular key press isn't working, I never had this issue in other games.
Zathras

Re: Key presses in Fallout 4

Post by Zathras »

Well, I found a solution for the keys with a dual action. There are some .ini edits you can make to extend the time a key has to be held before the hold action occurs. So now I have plenty of time to take my eyes off the interactors before F4 registers the hold key action.

Here's is a link to the ini changes on Nexus if anyone needs it...
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7026/?