Iris settings won't save/ adding profile will crash iris

Harro

Iris settings won't save/ adding profile will crash iris

Post by Harro »

Hello,

Iris will be a empty version every restart i make.
Interactors, hotkeys and profiles will all be gone after a reboot,even the hotkeys that come with a clean Iris installation.
Also when i add a profile after filling in the profile name and click the add button it will crash iris.
I am not sure if it's Iris or something i did. hopefully you have a idea.

Thanks in advance.

Best Harro
Xcessity
Site Admin

Re: Iris settings won't save/ adding profile will crash iris

Post by Xcessity »

Looks like IRIS cannot access your AppData folder to save the settings. You can check the folder:
C:\Users\[**YOUR_USERNAME**]\AppData\Local\Xcessity Software Solutions\IRIS

there you should find a file called "settings.xml". This is the file where all the settings are loaded and stored. In the same folder you should also find a file called "logfile.txt". I would recommend to open it and check for any errors.

Do you have any wired characters in your username?
You can also try to start IRIS as administrator. You can choose this option when right clicking the app icon on your desktop or in the windows start menu.
Harro

Re: Iris settings won't save/ adding profile will crash iris

Post by Harro »

Thanks for the information

ERROR: Sat Nov 14 16:49:22 2015, ..\..\..\src\tools\xy_tools_xmlsettings.cpp(73): attempt to set settings in invalid xml file=C:\Users\Harro\AppData\Local\Xcessity Software Solutions\IRIS\settings.xml
ERROR: Sat Nov 14 16:49:25 2015, ..\..\..\src\profiles.cpp(71): unable to open settings file: C:\Users\Harro\AppData\Local\Xcessity Software Solutions\IRIS\settings.xml
INFO: Sat Nov 14 16:49:53 2015, ..\..\..\src\application.cpp(187): copied SETTINGS file from program folder to app data folder

i deleted the settings file then restarted with admin rights now it works again !