Signals

KinesicMouse forum
Ikonos

Signals

Post by Ikonos »

Why is it signal strength decays? There are certain signals such as smile right, you can continually hold the signal and it doesn't decay. However, when I try to do the same thing with brow up center, the signal starts to decay and unless I use some other signal the signal decays to zero?
Xcessity
Site Admin

Re: Signals

Post by Xcessity »

Hey,

that's the normal behavior of the online learning algorithm behind the face tracking. Generally I would recommend to avoid long holds of any expression in your setup, e.g. use button toggles instead of holds. This leads to better detection quality and less strain in your facial muscles.

To stop the KinesicMouse adopting to your face you have to use the "Train Neutral" function in the main menu. When you hit this button, slightly rotate your head in all directions with a neutral expression on your face. Once finished a red eye indicates that you are now in the "Train Neutral"-Mode. Now the signals should not decay even when held for a long time. If you are not satisfied with the signal quality you can repeat this step by hitting the "Reset" button in the main window and then train again.

Hope this helps.