Joystick controls

KinesicMouse forum
Ikonos

Joystick controls

Post by Ikonos »

I'm looking to be able to play some games like rocket league, which I think works best with the controller. I am a C-4 Quad with no arm or hand control. I have yet to figure out how to set up joystick control in kinesic mouse. How would I set up the joystick controls for a game like rocket league?
Xcessity
Site Admin

Re: Joystick controls

Post by Xcessity »

Hey,

if you want to use the KinesicMouse as a Joystick you have to put it into "Joystick Mode" (main window menu). Note that in this mode you will not have mouse cursor control, so I recommed to set up a quick switch between a mouse control profile and a joystick profile.
  • To test the joystick inputs you can use the Windows setup.
  • Open the Windows Start menu and enter "set up USB game controller", hit ENTER-button.
  • In the "Game Controllers" window select the top of the two joysticks called "VJoy Virtual Joystick" and click the "Properties" button
  • Make sure you have selected the "Test" tab and now you will see the joystick input.
IMPORTANT: the joystick properties window needs to be in focus to actually display the inputs!

When you configured the inputs you should be able to bind them in the game you want to use it with. Have not checked with Rocket League yet.