KinesicMouse for MacOS?

KinesicMouse forum
Xcessity
Site Admin

KinesicMouse for MacOS?

Post by Xcessity »

Hi,

since I have been getting some requests if the KinesicMouse is available for Mac I want to reply in the forums.

Currently none of the next-gen 3D cameras (Kinect V2, Intel RealSense) is available for Mac. So to answer the question: currently there are no plans to support MacOS any time soon. I would not say that there will never be a MacOS version, but from the current POV it is not even possible.

Best,
Markus
bigboom

Re: KinesicMouse for MacOS?

Post by bigboom »

Any updates on this matter? I see some ways of getting kinect to work with mac. (Using: OpenNI, SensorKinect, NITE)

for instance here: http://blog.nelga.com/setup-microsoft-k ... mavericks/
Xcessity
Site Admin

Re: KinesicMouse for MacOS?

Post by Xcessity »

Hi bigboom,

not really. You have to consider that the KinesicMouse is a commercial product and as a developer I have to respect the official license agreements. For the Kinect it is not allowed to develop for any other platform than Windows. Additionally these 3rd party driver projects are highly volatile and unstable. It would be too much of a risk to build upon these.
For Mac I see a glimpse of hope coming with the new Orbbec sensors. The Windows Beta has just started and we will see how this develops.

Best,
Markus