Help needed with signal differentiation

KinesicMouse forum
reynirorn

Help needed with signal differentiation

Post by reynirorn »

Hello! I bought an Intel Realsense RS300 recently, and tried downloading the KinesicMouse demo, but I'm having quite a bit of trouble with signal differentiation. That is to say, I've been fiddling around with the program for almost a whole day, and I can still only use 5 different facial expressions without KinesicMouse registering two expressions at the same time. After fiddling around with the controls, I ended up having the range on every expression set to 19 to 20 (since I'm using them as buttons, not as sliders). Is there a better way to set the range? Or is there some other handy trick that I am not aware of?
JBEKM2014

Re: Help needed with signal differentiation

Post by JBEKM2014 »

After I got the thing working, which took quite a bit of time, I concluded that it really cannot recognize more than about 8 expressions at any time. In particular, I don't think you can hope that it will reliably differentiate between the various movements involving, say, the left cheek and the left side of the mouth. You can only set one of those to work at a given time. The others are for varying movements throughout the day today, or for someone who, say, can move the left side of the mouth a little bit cannot fully smile, thus rendering the smile useless.
reynirorn

Post by reynirorn »

Thanks very much, good to know = )
Ikonos

Post by Ikonos »

Amount really sure which real sense camera I have since it is incorporated with my laptop but I can get up to 16 different signal controls.
– Smile left and right
– eyebrows up center and right eyebrow down
– mouth left and right
– mouth pucker
– jaw left, right, open and forward
– mouth puff
– mouth upper lip up left or maybe right
– tilt left and right
– transition forward

It's not easy and I think sometimes it depends on how close you are to your computer. I'm not always able to get all 16 to work but for the most part I can get somewhere between 8 and 12 signals to work.
reynirorn

Post by reynirorn »

And thanks very much to you as well, Ikonos, that's also good to know = )