Profiles disappeared

KinesicMouse forum
seanthequad

Profiles disappeared

Post by seanthequad »

Hi guys,
Having some weird stuff happening with the KM went to use it today and my two profiles basic and the one I use for WOT have disappeared so I uninstalled and reinstalled.
Now from memory, I'm pretty sure it comes with a basic left click right click mouse profile setup called basic yes?
Well, this is missing and when you try to create a basic one by adding a profile you get the windows error box, saying KM_kinect2.exe has stopped working message.

Basically, it crashes every time you try to create a profile so it's unusable, has anyone had this problem and could someone confirm the latest version I'm running 3.2.4
Xcessity
Site Admin

Re: Profiles disappeared

Post by Xcessity »

Can you plz try to run the KM as administrator. Does this change anything?

Are you running Win10? Did you already update to the latest Creators Build update?
Xcessity
Site Admin

Post by Xcessity »

Can you plz try to run the KM as administrator. Does this change anything?

Are you running Win10? Did you already update to the latest Creators Build update?
seanthequad

Post by seanthequad »

Hi Marcus
Hope you are well, yes it does it as an administrator and no I have not downloaded the creator add-on yet.Yes its Windows 10
Every time you load it goes through the tutorial setup steps even if you click the Don't show again button.
And shows the privacy reminder stating that it will use the microphone and camera, and another quirk it says in red writing in the bottom right-hand corner of the KM update available, even though I'm on the latest build. 3.4.2
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and makes no difference
seanthequad

Post by seanthequad »

Hi Marcus
I think I've sorted it, this time as well as doing a clean install of the KM I also removed and installed a clean new version of the Windows Kinect runtime 2.0 which we are instructed to install before they KM normal service has been resumed thank goodness I had forgotten how much I relied on this many thanks Sean.