KinesicMouse stopped working [Intel SR300 not working with latest Windows update]

KinesicMouse forum
smvs006

KinesicMouse stopped working [Intel SR300 not working with latest Windows update]

Post by smvs006 »

Last week Microsoft automatically installed the windows 10 Creators Update on my system. After this update my Intel SR300 stopped working. I finally got my old version of windows 10 restored and after deleting and reinstalling the Intel real sense drivers the camera is now working. Unfortunately KinesicMouse stopped working. I get the following message: "The Intel Depth Camera Manager (DCM) is not available. Please follow the instructions on the website and restart kinesicmouse". In the past I responded "ignore" and KinesicMouse worked. Now after responding to the message I get a red frowning face. I tried reinstalling KinesicMouse but it did not help. Any suggestions?

I found the following error in the log file: ERROR: Tue Apr 25 12:43:43 2017, ..\..\..\src\realsense\xy_kinesicmouse_kinect.cpp(121): unable to create SenseManager

Thanks.
Xcessity
Site Admin

Re: KinesicMouse stopped working

Post by Xcessity »

Hi,

unfortunatly there is currently an issue with the latest Windows Creators Update. Intel SR300 cameras are not working properly when updating windows. Intel and Microsoft are blaming each other for the cause of this failure. I am already in contact with Intel, but have not received any information on a solution. Check this post for updates: https://communities.intel.com/thread/109652.

I don't know what is causing the issue after a revert. I would suggest to try reinstalling the DCM camer drivers and after that reinstall the KinesicMouse. Let me know if any of this works.

I am sorry for the inconvenience, but my hands are also tied on this one.
Best,
M
Xcessity
Site Admin

Re: KinesicMouse stopped working

Post by Xcessity »

Hi,

I just followed this guide and it temporarly fixed the issue for me. I think this is a useful solution until Intel releases a driver update.

Guide: getting the SR300 to work with latest Windows update
smvs006

Re: KinesicMouse stopped working [Intel SR300 not working with latest Windows update]

Post by smvs006 »

Thanks for the update! I've tried all of the suggestions but unfortunately nothing has fixed the problem. The SR300 camera is working but not with KinesicMouse. I think I'll just try the Microsoft camera which will also let me try Project Iris .
Fysh

Re: KinesicMouse stopped working [Intel SR300 not working with latest Windows update]

Post by Fysh »

I came to look at this forum because my KinesicMouse has stopped working properly. It seems to be my Xbox ONE sensor, which looks like it keeps shutting down and restarting every few seconds.

What is Intel SR300? Is this the cause of my problem too or does it sound like I have some other fault? I haven't tried the suggested workaround, but will try that if this is an Intel SR300 issue...