User Videos

KinesicMouse forum
Xcessity
Site Admin

User Videos

Post by Xcessity »

Hi,

just a couple of user generated videos using the KinesicMouse to play video games:
X-Calibar

Re: User Videos

Post by X-Calibar »

Hi, this is just a gameplay video of me demoing the Kinesic Mouse on a 2D platformer game, Cave Story+.
I don't think I've seen a video of KM with a 2D platformer. So here's proof that you can play them!
Cave Story+ Learning to play with Kinesic Mouse!
The video is a bit slow with no mic, but skip around to see my attempt. I was determined to make it to Igor!

Here are the KM settings I used: (Click for full size)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

And the macro I used for simple rapid-fire:

Code: Select all

<MACRO id="CSRapid_Key1">
    <START>
      <KEYINPUT behaviour="PRESS" type="VIRTUAL_CODE" code="0x58"/>
    </START>

<MAIN repeat="x">
      <WAIT time="10"/>
      <KEYINPUT behaviour="RELEASE" code="0x58"/>
      <WAIT time="10"/>
      <KEYINPUT behaviour="PRESS" code="0x58"/>
    </MAIN>

<END>
      <KEYINPUT behaviour="RELEASE" type="VIRTUAL_CODE" code="0x58"/>
    </END>
  </MACRO>
I think with some fine tuning and practice the controls will be less slippery to me. But I'm already impressed!

(I used the puff command for jumping, because it seems to be the easiest for me to very accurately control. And raised eye brows worked great with auto-fire. Now if I could just get precision left and right movement down... ;)

EDIT: There's a tip I found out that might be good for practicing KM with some games. A program called Cheat Engine.
http://www.cheatengine.org/
It's free, and it can open up the game's exe while you are playing, and you can adjust the speed of the game!
I haven't found out if there's a short-cut command that can be bound, but it's handy for those tricky single-player moments.
Xcessity
Site Admin

Re: User Videos

Post by Xcessity »

Very cool gameplay video. Thank you for that. I would maybe try to use mouth smile left/right to steer the character left/right. Head is fine for bigger distances but is slow for rather small steps. E.g. also in racing games I now tend to use mouth smile left/right for steering as it needs to be rather quick. Head has to much mass and the rotational signals are rather slow.